MSM Member Update – Dec 2016 Edition
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year
thank you for your ongoing interest, encouragement and support of the work being done in Vanuatu by Medical Sailing Ministries and others.
We trust you find the December 2016 MSM Member Update of interest and welcome any comments or feedback you might have.
In conjunction with the 2017 MSM Mission to Vanuatu, we are having another MSM Vanuatu Supporters tour in October 2017. Click to download the 2017 Vanuatu Supporters Tour flyer.
Chimere is currently sailing in Bass Strait. Click here to track her progress.
Blessings to you for a safe and joyful Christmas
Robert Latimer, Barry Crouch & Mike Clarke
MSM Co-ordinators, www.msm.org.au
29 Wonga Rd, Ringwood North, VIC, 3134
MSM Mission 2016
Greetings and welcome!!
Started originally as a sailing mission to assist with remote-access medical transport amongst the islands of Vanuatu, Medical Sailing Ministries (MSM) has expanded its activities over the past 8 years.
We now offers assistance with:
- • Dental care services and oral health education, centred around training and empowering indigenous (Ni-Van) health workers
- • Recruitment of health professional volunteers to assist with medical mission outreach and training
- • Local village development including the building of public toilets and rainwater storage to assist with health and hygiene, along with responsible-tourist activities http://msm.org.au/latest-mission/paonangisu/
- • Networking with a variety of disparate aid groups to achieve more effective results on the ground in Vanuatu
- • Low-smoke stove design and construction to reduce deaths and poor health resulting from smoke inhalation caused largely from cooking fires
- • Supply of reconditioned computers to assist with IT training
- • Student education sponsorship
- • Promotion of “Responsible Tourism” to support local health, infrastructure and educational programs.
Member Update newsletters can be found above under “Latest News” and we invite you to make contact with us at anytime should you have questions, comments, or feel called to make a donation.We sincerely welcome your involvement and invite you to look through the videos, photos, Ship’s Log and other resources on this website to learn more of our work. You might also like to consider volunteering, or passing this link onto someone who might.
And if you happen to be planning a trip to Vanuatu – short or long – and would like to engage with locals in a village while you are there, just get in touch.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Robert Latimer, Barry Crouch and Mike Clarke