MSM Mission 2016
Greetings and welcome!!
Started originally as a sailing mission to assist with remote-access medical transport amongst the islands of Vanuatu, Medical Sailing Ministries (MSM) has expanded its activities over the past 8 years.
We now offers assistance with:
- • Dental care services and oral health education, centred around training and empowering indigenous (Ni-Van) health workers
- • Recruitment of health professional volunteers to assist with medical mission outreach and training
- • Local village development including the building of public toilets and rainwater storage to assist with health and hygiene, along with responsible-tourist activities http://msm.org.au/latest-mission/paonangisu/
- • Networking with a variety of disparate aid groups to achieve more effective results on the ground in Vanuatu
- • Low-smoke stove design and construction to reduce deaths and poor health resulting from smoke inhalation caused largely from cooking fires
- • Supply of reconditioned computers to assist with IT training
- • Student education sponsorship
- • Promotion of “Responsible Tourism” to support local health, infrastructure and educational programs.
Member Update newsletters can be found above under “Latest News” and we invite you to make contact with us at anytime should you have questions, comments, or feel called to make a donation.We sincerely welcome your involvement and invite you to look through the videos, photos, Ship’s Log and other resources on this website to learn more of our work. You might also like to consider volunteering, or passing this link onto someone who might.
And if you happen to be planning a trip to Vanuatu – short or long – and would like to engage with locals in a village while you are there, just get in touch.
Thank you for your interest and support.
Robert Latimer, Barry Crouch and Mike Clarke
Where are they now?
On-board the Chimere during Mission trips, there is a SPOT GPS sending regular signals that can be accessed for up to 7 days. These will display the Chimere’s changing location on the map below. FULL SCREEN map click here.
GPS currently not in use